We seek members who will engage with our fellowship of caring wedding professionals, and embody many of the same ideals, standards, and practices as we do. We value and promote professional service, holding a high standard of integrity and accountability, and positive collaboration and support of our network of vendors.
Our membership provides the network to support and educate wedding professionals. Some benefits of membership are:
- The OWA as an additional marketing platform and acting as an advocate for your professional services
- Your directory listing on the OWA site, featuring a bio, photo gallery, and all contact information readily searchable for interested couples
- Promotion and involvement through OWA’s social media platforms
- All equally committed to promoting the islands as a premier destination for weddings
- OWA Meetings (ranging from 6-10 a year) providing numerous opportunities to network with other wedding professionals, promote yourself to clients, be educated on trending topics for business owners, and just have fun!
- Frequent updates on what’s going on in the industry, including current bills and relevant government information
- The opportunity to use the OWA brand in your marketing, a statement to indicate your professionalism and trusted business to stand out among others in your field
- And more!
Eligibility for Membership
Membership shall be extended to individuals, businesses and corporations doing business in the wedding industry on the island of Oahu who meet the following qualifications: (1) Business organizations or corporations must have primary business on Oahu for no less than 1 year. (2) All members must provide a copy of their business license. (3) Sponsorship of two current OWA members (Just two people to vouch for you!)
Want to be a Member?
Follow these steps:
- Fill out an application! (Link)
- Once your application is in, it is reviewed by the board
- We will contact you with our membership decision and/or steps to complete for accuracy or merit
- Pay annual dues!
We would love for you to come and join our group – to mingle, network and to grow your business relationships.
Member Meetings occur at least quarterly (four times annually). Our agenda format ranges from roundtable discussions, featured speakers to touring different venue’s offerings!